Tuesday, October 29, 2013
I use a combination of several recipes.
But essentially this is what I do.
1. soak 2 cups of red beans for overnight
2. put them in a big pot with enough water not too much. About 8 cups of water.
3. Get beans to a boil then put down to a simmer for about 1.5 hours until soft. Add water if needed.
4. While beans are cooking throw in orange peals to 1 orange.
5. Add 1-2 cans of coconut milk
6. Add sugar to taste.
7. While beans are cooking put some tapioca balls into a pot of water. Get to boil and then leave on active simmer until they are translucent. Add water if needed so they don't burn. BTW the bigger the tapioca balls the more time they'll take to cook. I used the big ones and it took roughly 2 hours (i think)
8. Once tapioca is cooked add to the beans.
Here are the sources that inspired my recipe.