Thursday, October 31, 2013

Vegan Mapo Tofu

My old roomie taught me how to make Mapo Tofu with pork.  I also love it w/ beef. But now I don't eat meat :(  My husband loves this dish, so I decided to make it the exact same way as my friend taught me except with a head of broccoli instead of meat.

Outcome DELICIOUS!  

My friend Lisa's recipe:
1. Marinate Pork
-few teaspoons sesame oil 
-few teaspoons soy sauce
-salt (but there is some in the soy sauce)
2. Fry 2-3 cloves of garlic pressed in a tablespoon of oil. Add pork and fry until cooked.  Add hot sauce/bean paste
3. Add cubed tofu, stir to heat up (careful not to break up too much)
4. to make thick and more gravy mix corn starch (1 tbs) with room temp/cold water. Then add to pan.
5. Serve with chopped green onions

My recipe:
1. start with frying garlic and some fresh ginger in sesame oil, soy sauce, and the hot sauce/bean paste.
2. add Tofu and a head of broccoli.
3. continue to add sesame oil, paste, soy sauce until the flavor is what you want.
4. Thicken if you want
5. garnish w/ green onion

sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

2 comments: