Sunday, August 18, 2013

Yes, Still Vegetarian

I understand now the slope to becoming a health food junkie.  You start w/ "I'm going to eat veggies" and end up with ORGANIC EVERYTHING!  Ok, I'm not there yet, but I am starting to consider buying almond/soy milk rather than cow milk.  The added cost to our food budget however would be less than ideal.  I expected to start craving meat.   However, what I have found is that meat doesn't have the same appeal that it once had.

What's been a blessing, is that I've finally started to get the hang of this type of cooking, so I've started to experiment and make stuff up rather than follow new recipes.  I've experimented with polenta a lot, and plan to soon make a polenta, gluten free pizza!  We've made a lot of repeat recipes this summer, so I haven't had as much to write about.  Also, some of our dishes have been flops, so I don't see the point of sharing them.  A new staple in our home has been lentil tacos.  They're super easy and super good.  Just cook lentils in water, add a taco seasoning packet and cook off water to desired thickness.

Here are a couple new recipes that I have tried over the past couple of months that have been FANTASTIC!
http://orangette.blogspot.com/2013/06/told-you-so.html
Pasta with Yogurt, Peas, and Chile.  
Can I just say KILLER good.  Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!  Incredible good!
While staying with our dear friends and incredible cooks Lisa and David in Seattle, Lisa made this delectable dish.  Since, I have made it at home.  It's expensive because of the pine nuts. But! soooo worth it.  I love the alternative of yogurt rather than butter to make the pasta creamy, the pine nuts, the peas, the red pepper flakes. OMW INCREDIBLE
http://veggiezest.com/2012/10/18/moroccan-tagine/
 I had to use canned tomoatoes instead of fresh (bummer).  Also, my grocery store was out of zucchini, so I used extra eggplant.  I omitted the unnecessary sugar .  I would add extra raisins next time to make it naturally more sweet.

1 comment:

  1. Hey there, You have done a fantastic job. Thanks for sharing such a nice information, The thing is that going perfectly here. That's truly good, keep up writing...You get more succeed.
    best electric spiralizer
    best stick vacuum
    best electric spiralizer
    best wobble chair
    best heated gloves
    best electric makeup brush

    ReplyDelete