Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Sugarless, Flourless, & eggless Cookies


Like any other true American, I like dessert.  I also like to eat sweet things. We don't often think of sugar this way, but it is a spice.  People can become more or less sensitive to spice depending on how much and how often they consume it.  My husband's aunt once told me that green bell peppers are "too spicy".  WHAT!  I don't detect anything hot in the spicy sense. If anything, bell peppers are sweet. When I was a kid my parents had company. Our guests watched in shock as we ate our dessert w/ a glass of ice water next to each of us.  Because it was "sweet" SOOOOOO SWEET!  As an adult I gravitate towards desserts that aren't as sweet.  Not because I hate sugar but because desserts are more often than not too spicy
Here is a cookie recipe that's super easy and I love it because besides the chocolate chips all the sugars are natural and simply not as spicy. 

2 ripe bananas
1 cup quick oats
1/2c chocolate chips
1 heaping spoonful of natural peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
oven 350* 15 min.
Next time I make these I think i'm going to omit the chocolate chips and sprinkle some cinnamon on top.  Ooooh maybe even a sprinkle of ground chili pepper. OMW!


No comments:

Post a Comment