It was a big undertaking but a blast. My body still hurts from 9 continual hours of painting (over a week ago), and I'm pretty sure I pulled my hamstring. There are obvious mistakes such as the water line is supposed to be level all off the way through the painting. DUH! Also, the sky shading has much to be desired. Next time I paint anything of this scale I want two 4-5 hour time block in order for my mind to rest. Taking a break allows for seeing obvious mistakes like water lines not being level.
- six 4'x8' foam boards- The boards were primed before us painters jumped in to work which was a huge time saver!!!
- tempera paint- I have never used this paint before and loved working with it. It dried a lot slower than acrylic, so we didn't have to worry about our brushes or paint drying mid use. Also the paint was a little over a dollar a bottle nearly a tenth of the acrylic price.
- colors bought- yellow, red, deep blue, cerulean blue, green, white, brown, and purple. These were the base colors. The rest of the hues and shades were mixed.
- drop cloths
- buckets for mixing & rinsing brushes
- plastic lids for pallets & mixing
- towels for mistakes and messes
- water for rinsing brushes & thinning paint