Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Dresser Makeover

I could not! I repeat, could not remove the hardware.  Most hardware has screws on the other side that you just have to remove.  My original plan was to do this and spray paint the hardware a bold yellow.  This hardware was just securely stuck in place with no screws.  Only a couple of knobs could be removed by hand.  Even my Dad couldn't remove them which is saying something.  Thus I was forced to paint the entire dresser white and not the right paint for metals.  I don't hate the result. I just hope the paint that's on the hardware won't wear.  This dresser has been passed down through several people including my cousin, sister, mother, and now it's in my daughter's nursery.

BEFORE                                                                                                                                        
AFTER

No comments:

Post a Comment